Monday, June 22, 2009

Impact

What kind of impact are you having on the people that you come into contact with and meet?

Think about it for a while while I share a story with you.

The other day while searching for a place to grab a bite to eat I walked around a bit searching to find a place that I would like. Block after block feet pounding the pavement, my eyes scanning restaurants, and my mind fixated on so many things at once.

I walked into a Pizzeria decided upon an eggplant parmigiana hero. I stepped up to the counter to place my order when in walks a gentleman off of the street and the counter person bypassed me and went to the gentleman as thought I wasn't even there.

He decided to address him first as I spoke up to him saying I was here first. At that moment I decided I didn't want to spend my money at any place who overlooked serving me.

That one gesture had an impact upon me and my decision to spend my money or eat there. I will never again in life step in there again.

Now back to my question I asked in the beginning. What kind of impact are you having on people you come into contact with and meet?

Are people meeting you and saying there is something different about this person?

Are they saying that this person is not the type of person I enjoy being around?

Are they saying I really like this person?

You don't have to spend a lot of time with a person to have an impact upon them. Everything you do and say has an impact upon someone or something. So make sure you have a positive impact upon them instead of a negative one.

It's easy to have a negative impact upon a person so why not strive to have more of a positive impact upon people.

Keep in mind a positive impact lasts longer by working wonders on the person you have it on. In closing, it is my desire that this blog is having an impact upon your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment