Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Pertinent Questions

There are really two pertinent questions in life. Two of the biggest online sites pose them to their users.

The first is Facebook's famous "What's on Your Mind?

The second is Twitter's "What Are Your Doing?

These very questions are pertinent to our life's direction. After all, what you think most about along with strong feelings you attract into your life. Let me give you an example of what I mean.

Since I love food I'm gonna give you an analogy dealing with food.

A chef thinks about food often. The many different ways he or she prepares meals and serves them to come up with new ways. New dishes and so fourth. The more open their minds become the easier it becomes for them to create something new and exciting. The more they focus on achieving this creation the broader their abilities become to perfecting the dish maybe even making it into their specialty.

The end result is people as well as critics raving about their creation.

I want you to analyze what you think about mostly the way a chef analyzes what they want to create. Do you see how very important that we spend our time thinking mostly about creating an amazing dish (outcome) that we specialize in.

Now let's move on to Twitter's question "What Are You Doing?

I love this question because it is my niece Armani's favorite question to ask me "what Are Your Doing Uncle?

The funny thing about this question is it is a trick question. The reason I call it a trick question is you can answer it more than 1 way. It is a trick question because it all depends on your perception of the question. So it has a way of playing mind games with you.

When asked this question I can reply writing my blog post. This would be true.

However, in reality not only am I writing this post but I am thinking about all the things I have to do today and thinking about the people I love the most and mean the world to me.

Even when I answer the question in a more detailed way it still doesn't scratch the surface. I mean it sounds good when you hear those words because they are heartfelt but the core of the question is deeper than what we see on the surface.

The core question screams out something totally different. Something different that asks us these questions.

What are you doing with your life?

What are you doing with your relationship?

What are you doing with your finances?

What are you doing with this job?

What are you doing with your God given talents and abilities?

When we get to the core of these two questions we can see the profound ability they have to change our thinking and change our life.

Don't you want to change your life for the better?

Until next time, be well, enjoy life, and make today the best day that you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment