Friday, June 26, 2009

Do You Remember...

Do you remember the first time you seen Farrah Fawcett walk across the television screen on Charlie's Angels?

Her hypnotic beauty kept me in a trance as a young boy turning my heart into a wild bongo. An angel.

The epitome of sexiness echoing to the world I am woman, I am strong, I am sexy and I will kick your butt if you get out of line and I will make a difference.

These three sexy, very capable private investigating women came into our living rooms and we nor the world would ever be the same again.

Talking about a movement they kicked in the door forever changing the way women are viewed and what they could do.

This started a whole revolution known as the battle of the sexes. Farrah Fawcett's meteoric rise to fame took on an energy that transcended the Charlie's Angel's show.

Farrah's Fawcettt's pinup one piece steamy red bathing suit poster reportedly sold 12 million copies. That's amazing for anyone to sell that many posters. Especially when they are not a superstar athlete of the 1970's.

In fact, it is the bestselling poster of all times. She changed the game. Fawcett was a force to reckon with who wanted to prove to the world she was more than just a pretty face but a good actress as well.

When she came out with the explosive television movie The Burning Bed it was a wrap. Farrah proved to the world that she was a serious actress solidifying that she was versatile and was here to stay.

We watched in amazement her fairy tale romance with longtime leading man Ryan O' Neal who loved her dearly. Yesterday she passed from battling a rare form of cancer. My prayers are with her family, friends and all of the people whose lives she impacted.

I can remember.

The first time Michael Jackson and the Jackson five dazzled me singing dancing machine. An intoxicating high flooded my entire being. I begin bopping my head, dancing to the beat uncontrollably in an excitement trance. The music took complete control over me. Never had I experienced a slew of emotions from hearing a song before.

I became a ride or die fan from that moment.

Not a day would go by that I didn't watch the Jackson 5 show, cartoon and so fourth. Michael Jackson is one of the greatest entertainers to walk the face of this earth.

His amazing career that started at a ripe young age. A child prodigy who absolutely idolized James Brown and Jackie Wilson.

There has never been an artist who has touched so many lives in various generations from young to old. My niece Armani who's only 4 and a half dances to Michael Jackson every day and loves him.

Whenever you're at a party and a Michael Jackson song comes on you know the party is just getting started and going to a whole other atmosphere.

Michael Jackson broke so many barriers in music along with mesmerizing people around the world with his ability to create timeless music.

When his video debuted on MTV the whole music business changed, he rocked the world with an echoing 10.5 earthquake of amazement.

He is a true trendsetter, musicality genius, dancing machine like no other, a bad mother shut your mouth, a perfectionist's metaphor of greatness, possibly and arguably the greatest entertainer of all times.

Michael Jackson's Thriller will forever be the number one best-selling album of all time. He did it all. His musical legacy will last for an eternity. He has influenced billions of people in his artistry, influenced infinite legions of musicians that transcends race, religion, and genres.

James Brown passed the torch 2 times to his little brother Michael Jackson before he passed. Michael became a ferociously unstoppable running back in the music game that nothing or nobody could stop.


Michael took the music game to another galaxy because he was light years ahead of the game and his time which truly transcends the name King of Pop. Michael Jackson is the king of music.

I am literally writing through tears because I can remember every video I ever watched of MJ's like yesterday. He was a master craftsman in every since of the word.

Yesterday while at home working on my blogs my daughter Amanda contacted me on Facebook IM asking me is it true dad that Michael Jackson is dead.

I only knew earlier he was rushed to the hospital after going into cardiac arrest.

The fear of possible truth flashes through me faster than falling star. I turned on Channel 7 Eyewitness News which confirmed that the King of Pop is dead at 50.

Michael Jackson, I pray made peace with God before his untimely demise. I want to see him in soul heaven playing with all the other greatest musicians that ever lived. My prayers are with the family, friends and everyone whose life he has touched.

I can remember when Michael Jackson did the same by passing the torch on to Usher

Remember that.

Usher go hard and rep for your idol baby.

Michael was the epitome of Dr. Feelgood.

We will never forget for your music, your craft, and artistry.

It is immortal.

Michael Jackson forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment